Forums

This is the place for you to ask your travel questions and share your tips. To search for particular topics, go to categories and choose a relevant topic

Writing Competition (April): The strangest thing I ever saw while travelling…

For our April Writing Competition, we’d like to hear your stories about the strangest thing you ever saw while travelling.

Have you come across any incredible animal behaviour on a jungle trek or seen weird and wonderful creatures while diving in the ocean? Perhaps you’ve witnessed fascinating tribal rituals or ceremonies in a remote village, or witnessed extreme piercings, tattoos or other local customs. What about unique dances or performances, local delicacies, or traditional games? Perhaps you’ve even seen something you couldn’t explain, or a UFO in one of these places: http://www.wanderlust.co.uk/planatrip/inspire-me/lists/best-places-to-meet-an-alien

Tell us the strangest thing from your travels that left an impression on you.

We’d like to hear your entertaining and inspiring stories. The writer of the best story will win a goody bag filled with prizes. 

Try to vividly evoke the setting in your story. Tell us where you were, the context, the build-up, more about your trip, but the focus should be on the strangest thing that you encountered. 

For the Writing Competition, post your story (no more than 700 words) via myWanderlust. Sign in or create an account, and upload your story to the Experiences section of the website. Give your Experience piece any title you like, but include “The strangest thing I ever saw while travelling” somewhere in the title so we can find your story.

Closing date: Friday, April 21 at 10am. 

Please Note: You can enter from anywhere in the world, but we're only able to send prizes to UK addresses.

Report as inappropriate
    JAMCAL

12 posts | 0 responses

21 days ago

Responses

No responses posted yet

You must be logged in to add to this post

myWanderlust

Welcome to our community

Member Login

Not a member?

Get more from Wanderlust - register today!

Search

Enter a region, country or destination

Find a member:

Most Popular Categories

select
select
select
select
Departure date:
RadDatePicker
RadDatePicker
Open the calendar popup.
Return date:
RadDatePicker
RadDatePicker
Open the calendar popup.
Date flexibility:
Spin UpSpin Down
Search

Need some travel planning inspiration?

Simply select the destination you’re interested in or the activities you’re looking for and we’ll send your request to a select panel of tour operators.

Each operator will respond to your request individually. Your details remain private and are not disclosed to any partners unless you decide to proceed with a booking. Enjoy!

Search
Email

Wanderlust in your inbox

Wanderlust sends out regular email newsletters – be the first to know about web exclusives, competitions, hot offers and travel jobs. Register today!

I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions

Submit